Estimator/ Project Manager
Estimator/ Project Manager
We are: An Award Winning, dynamic, collaborative team providing Residential Renovations Design/Build services to clients throughout the Greater Vancouver area; with a mission of Service, Excellence and Innovation.
You are: A career-oriented individual seeking a fulltime, creative opportunity, great working atmosphere.
We are looking for an Estimator/Project Manager responsible for preliminary and final construction budgets, and support of Construction Manager for Residential Renovations and with internal project management responsibilities.
The successful applicant will have the following combination of technical and interpersonal skills:
- Excellent communication skills with command of both written and spoken English language
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Minimum 10 years experience in residential construction, renovations, or restorations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in residential estimating
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project coordination/project management
- Ability to work closely with a design and sales team to create budget estimates based on basic conceptual designs utilizing allowances as provided from our in-house database for preliminary budgets
- Ability to finalize and fix price final construction budgets through compiling scopes of work and specifications into a bid tender package and solicit supplier and subtrades quotations
- Intermediate to advanced practical experience with Excel
- Understanding of building science and “House as a System”
- Solid knowledge of construction sequencing and construction assemblies
- Solid/accurate knowledge of current construction market pricing levels
- Ability to interpret construction drawings, specifications, engineering documents etc…
- Be an assertive team player that can meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and subtrades
- Cost analysis and control
The following skills would be an asset to this position:
- Experience with restoration/Xactimate an asset
- Built Green experience an asset
- Net Zero or Passive House understanding an asset
- Knowledge of current mobile technologies an asset
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills are an asset
- BCBC and Step Code
In addition, the successful applicant should exhibit leadership qualities, be a confident team player, have the ability to multi-task, and be able to deal with team members and clients in a non-confrontational manner.
We offer a cooperative and positive work environment, and a competitive level of remuneration, job security and benefits for self-motivated team players interested in a long-term relationship with our firm. Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Job Type : Full-Time
Website : https://www.myhousedesignbuild.com/
How to Apply? : If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, and availability.
City : Surrey, BC