S.P. Riley Residential Design Ltd.
House Designs / Home Plans Architects / Designers
Steve Riley, President of S.P.Riley Residential Design Ltd, has created innovative, attractive, yet practical custom home, cottage and renovation/addition designs in North America, Asia and Europe for over forty years. A recipient of numerous design awards from consumer and industry audiences, Steve offers creative design solutions that focus on designing a home around you and your family, with sensitivity to the building site and aesthetic form.
Steve’s passion is design and this, combined with his keen ability to understand and execute your ideas, turns your vision into the home or cottage of our dreams.
With over forty years in the residential design business, Steve applies his extensive experience to creating an attractive and practical design solution for your new home, cottage or renovation project. Steve is flexible in his approach to meeting your design needs and he works in many architectural styles with an unbiased quest to bring your vision to fruition.
Our boutique style personal service includes custom home, cottage and renovation/addition design. From initial consultation, to preliminary design followed by the creation of comprehensive working drawings for building permit application and the subsequent construction of the home.
We also create designs for accessory buildings, including detached garages, lane way or carriage houses, new barns and barn conversions.
Our area of service stretches from Whistler Mountain, Metropolitan Vancouver, and the Fraser Valley through to the Interior, Okanagan and the Gulf Islands.
- Canadian Home Builders Association (CHBA) National SAM Award Winner (Associate Design).
- Multiple Canadian Home Builders Association of BC Georgie Award Winner (Associate Design).
- Multiple Homebuilders Association Vancouver (HAVAN) Award Winner (Associate Design).
- Model Dream Home Designer; Toronto Metropolitan Spring Home Show.
- Multiple BC Place Spring Home Show Dream Home designer.
- Mississauga Home & Design Center Idea Home designer.
- Multiple PNE Prize Home designer.
- Multiple Vancouver Street of Dreams designer.
- Multiple Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association Technical Excellence Award Winner.
- Canadian Home Builders Association (CHBA) Award of Honour.
- Past Chairperson HAVANTechnical & Education Committee.
- Former HAVAN and CHBA of BC Board Member.
- Judge for the Ontario Ministry of Energy’s R2000 Student Design Challenge.
- Experience includes being a home plan consultant to many US & Canadian consumer and trade shelter publications such as; HOME magazine, Best-Selling Home Plans, Build-It Home Plans, BUILDER, Select Home Designs and Style At Home.
- Prepared and managed home plan portfolios for many of Canada’s leading building supply chains such as; HOME Hardware Building Centres, Tim-BR Mart, Castle Building Centres and KENT Building Supplies.
- Steve’s home designs have appeared in prestigious trade publications such as BUILDER and consumer publications such as Hanley Wood’s American Dream Homes and Street of Dreams.
Commitment to Ongoing Education & Training.
There are very few designers with Steve’s varied and extensive experience, building code and bylaw understanding combined with his technical knowledge of construction techniques and processes. From building code changes to zoning bylaw revisions and products and construction techniques, the home building industry is constantly evolving. We are committed to an ongoing education program through courses and seminars provided by the Homebuilders Association Vancouver (HAVAN), BC’s Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Building Envelope Council of BC (BECBC) and ICBA’s Building Construction Training Centre.
Our commitment to training ensures that we provide the best possible consultation, design and working drawing services to our clients.